We all have a statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children so that they feel that they are in a secure and caring environment, protected from abuse or neglect.
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is: Miss C O'Connor (or Mrs L Tomlinson in her absence)
Our Deputy DSL is: Mrs L Bunce
Our Designated Safeguarding Governor is: Ms D Fletcher
Our Policies and procedures relating to Safeguarding, Child Protection, the Prevent Duty and British Values are available to read by clicking on the links below.
Websites that parents may find useful are listed below:
- http://www.childnet.com/ for information on safe internet use
- http://www.internetmatters.org/ a not-for-profit organisation providing advice for parents on safe internet use.
- http://educateagainsthate.com/ is a government website which has advice on preventing radicalisation and extremism
- http://counterextremism.lgfl.org.uk/ is a website that has a number of helpful videos on extremism
- https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/online-safety/ NSPCC Online safety - great support for parents
- http://www.parentsprotect.co.uk/resources.htm - Parents Protect! Project from The Lucy Faithfull Foundation
- https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/underwear-rule/ NSPCC PANTS Campaign
- https://about.me/acse Hampshire Police:Alice's Diary. A clever resource for highlighting Child Sexual Exploitation.
- Alright Charlie. Resource from the Blast Project aimed at 9 - 11 year olds highlighting the warning signs of grooming in an age appropriate way.
Talking to your children about sexual abuse: http://bbc.in/2g1Sgd1