We all have a statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children so that they feel that they are in a secure and caring environment, protected from abuse or neglect.
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is: Miss C O'Connor (or Mrs L Tomlinson in her absence)
Our Deputy DSL is: Mrs L Bunce
Our Designated Safeguarding Governor is: Ms D Fletcher
Our Policies and procedures relating to Safeguarding, Child Protection, the Prevent Duty and British Values are available to read by clicking on the links below.
- Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy (takes you to the Policies and Procedures page)
- British Values Policy (download)
Websites that parents may find useful are listed below:
- http://www.childnet.com/ for information on safe internet use
- http://www.internetmatters.org/ a not-for-profit organisation providing advice for parents on safe internet use.
- http://educateagainsthate.com/ is a government website which has advice on preventing radicalisation and extremism
- http://counterextremism.lgfl.org.uk/ is a website that has a number of helpful videos on extremism
- https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/online-safety/ NSPCC Online safety - great support for parents
- http://www.parentsprotect.co.uk/resources.htm - Parents Protect! Project from The Lucy Faithfull Foundation
- https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/underwear-rule/ NSPCC PANTS Campaign
- https://about.me/acse Hampshire Police:Alice's Diary. A clever resource for highlighting Child Sexual Exploitation.
- Alright Charlie. Resource from the Blast Project aimed at 9 - 11 year olds highlighting the warning signs of grooming in an age appropriate way.
Talking to your children about sexual abuse: http://bbc.in/2g1Sgd1