School at Home
This page was set up to allow pupils and parents to access school work during the full lockdown. We will continue to keep the page and sub-pages available for the duration of the pandemic. Isolating pupils in Year 1-6 will be sent work via DB Primary. Please contact the school if you require work to be posted.
To see the e-mail sent by Mrs Tomlinson regarding the school closure click here
The National Academy - 180 video lessons each week
The Government have published learning at home guidance for parents:
Park Federation and one of our Lynch Hill parents have worked together to bring out a free online workout session for children during this uncertain situation. Please feel free to use these 'Free movement' video sessions with your family by clicking on to the weblink www.bodymoves.uk
Science Fun for All Ages
- How to support home learning - a factsheet for parents
- Covid19 Child Friendly Information and Anxiety Relief
- Online Safety - Guides for parents
Links suitable for most year groups:
If your child is self-isolating, the following links can be useful for continuing their learning at home:
https://timestable.pixl.org.uk/ Note that you will need your child's login details for this.
https://vocab.pixl.org.uk/ Note that you will need your child's login details for this.
https://lhspa-slough.secure-dbprimary.com/slough/primary/lhspa Note that you will need your child's login details for this.
https://ttrockstars.com/ Note that you will need your child's login details for this.
Third Space Times Tables and more... resources for all year groups
White Rose maths https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
New 14/4/2020 ULTIMATE Times Tables for each year group plus Parent Pack
Other useful websites
Other online resources are available in this downloadable document : Free online education resources
Science with Professor Brian Cox, Robin Ince & Guests https://cosmicshambles.com/stayathome/upcoming-schedule
For those of you wishing to take part in any musical activities at home, take a look at the following:
- MusicMark.org.uk offers a range of online home and school resources that are free to access during this time with links. Resources are available from EYFS to GCSE level.
- BBC Ten Pieces at Home - The BBC have produced excellent resources for students to explore classical music from home during lockdown
- NYCOS daily singing activities are short songs with actions to learn each day and will help with pulse, pitch, tempo and dynamics as well as with coordination. To locate, simply type 'NYCOS Daily Singing Activities' into You Tube.
- Bandlab for Schools is currently free and includes 24 video tutorials, 38pdfs and 15 quizzes to support learning how to make music using technology. In addition, there is a special Covid-19 version of their Song writing course
- For those of you whose children had instrumental lessons, Slough Music Service are continuing to offer these online. For further details, please contact Glyn Murphy directly at the service on