School at Home
To see the e-mail sent by Mrs Tomlinson regarding the school closure click here
The National Academy - 180 video lessons each week
The Government have published learning at home guidance for parents:
Park Federation and one of our Lynch Hill parents have worked together to bring out a free online workout session for children during this uncertain situation. Please feel free to use these 'Free movement' video sessions with your family by clicking on to the weblink www.bodymoves.uk
NEW 30/6/2020 Science Fun for All Ages
- How to support home learning - a factsheet for parents
- Covid19 Child Friendly Information and Anxiety Relief
- Online Safety - Guides for parents
Links suitable for most year groups:
If your child is self-isolating, the following links can be useful for continuing their learning at home:
https://timestable.pixl.org.uk/ Note that you will need your child's login details for this.
https://vocab.pixl.org.uk/ Note that you will need your child's login details for this.
https://lhspa-slough.secure-dbprimary.com/slough/primary/lhspa Note that you will need your child's login details for this.
https://ttrockstars.com/ Note that you will need your child's login details for this.
Third Space Times Tables and more... resources for all year groups
White Rose maths https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
New 14/4/2020 ULTIMATE Times Tables for each year group plus Parent Pack
Other useful websites
NEW 26/3/20 - https://www.hope-education.co.uk/home-learning
NEW 26/3/20 - https://www.k7maths.com/help/2107
Other online resources are available in this downloadable document : Free online education resources
For those of you who like a bit of structure in your lives; here's what various celebrities are offering you and your children for free daily to help with their education while schools are closed:
9.00am - PE with Joe Wicks https://youtu.be/6v-a_dpwhro
10.00am - Maths with Carol Vorderman www.themathsfactor.com
11.00am - English with David Walliams https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/
12.00pm - Lunch (cooking with Jamie Oliver) https://www.jamieoliver.com/features/category/get-kids-cooking/
1.00pm - Music with Myleene Klass https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQh2wgJ5tOrixYBn6jFXsXQ
1.30pm - Dance with Darcey Bussel https://twitter.com/diversedancemix/status/1241098264373592065
2.00pm - History with Dan Snow (free for 30-days) https://tv.historyhit.com/signup/package
4.00pm - Home Economics with Theo Michaels (Mon/Wed/Fri) https://www.instagram.com/theocooks
Non-daily events include:
Science with Professor Brian Cox, Robin Ince & Guests https://cosmicshambles.com/stayathome/upcoming-schedule
9.30am Wednesday 25 March - Geography with Steve Backshall https://twitter.com/SteveBackshall/status/1242058846941712385
For your older children, here are 50 free revision resources for 11+, GCSEs and A-Levels:
For those of you wishing to take part in any musical activities at home, take a look at the following:
- MusicMark.org.uk offers a range of online home and school resources that are free to access during this time with links. Resources are available from EYFS to GCSE level.
- BBC Ten Pieces at Home - The BBC have produced excellent resources for students to explore classical music from home during lockdown
- NYCOS daily singing activities are short songs with actions to learn each day and will help with pulse, pitch, tempo and dynamics as well as with coordination. To locate, simply type 'NYCOS Daily Singing Activities' into You Tube.
- Bandlab for Schools is currently free and includes 24 video tutorials, 38pdfs and 15 quizzes to support learning how to make music using technology. In addition, there is a special Covid-19 version of their Song writing course
- For those of you whose children had instrumental lessons, Slough Music Service are continuing to offer these online. For further details, please contact Glyn Murphy directly at the service on